2010年1月17日 星期日

1/17 全家,回苗栗老家打寶

好久沒有回到苗栗,好不容易利用小孩期末考剛完,回到苗栗老家 Geocache!

Mom
Taichung is so sunny.

It has been a long while that our family not been old home. We used this chance to visit caches at Taichung. The day is Sunday. We decided to head to DaChia first.

We expected there will be crowd in Dachia Mom, fortunately it isn't.
TFTC

Mom & Mom


Minor Peaks Trail 41 - Mt. Anvil
The cache is so tough.

The cache is so tough. But it should be caused by GPS coordination not correct. With the coordination, my GPSr leaded me to dangerous high ground, where I could not find any rock to move over. I moved to another side of the ground and try to climb up a small hill. But the weed stopped me from doing this. My wife and I tried to search all over the ground, unfortunately after 30 minutes we got nothing. So I decided to seek for help from edgehung. And yes, the hint is very useful, we found it at once.

The condition of the cache is very good, so I decided to leave motorgrrl here. I also made a new GPS coordination (N24 21.409, E120 39.172) to this cache. I believe the cache will become easier to be found. Bye-Bye, motogrrl!

Bye, Motogrrl!


Water Bridge
The place is so beautiful.

At the beginning, the GPSr leaded me to a higher place than the cache. I could not find a way to climb down. Then I study the description carefully. I became recognized that this cache is a multi-cache. And we must go to the TaiAn Station first.

The TaiAn station is really a beautiful place. My wife and I enjoy a good walk on the railway. But we didn't forget to our purpose here. I pointed my GPSr to the first stage. We surprised found there a water way. And in the way, we met a old farmer who looked at us, with such smile that he know what we are heading for. I'm quite sure, so I say a hello to him. The view here is even better than on the platform. When we arrived the first stage, we finally realized why it is called water bridge.

We enjoy the peaceful moment in this spot. And we got the coordination of the cache. And we approached to the location, we released why the farmer is smiling to us. The location of the cache is where we met him. [:)]

After the log the cache, we enjoy a brown sugar ice cream. TFTC!

The Cache


The First Stage


The Water Bridge

0 意見: